One of the biggest challenges for brands on social media is to consistently publish high quality content, day in and day out. Since it's this consistency that can really help to boost levels of engagement and foster a stronger relationship with your fans and followers, it is imperative to get right - and one of the best ways to do this is with a social media content calendar.
An editorial calendar will allow you to plan for weeks - or even months - in advance, the content you will be posting to social media. This foresight will prevent you from posting randomly and inconsistently, and also allow you to build themes into the updates you post, by week, month, and season.
Of course, spontaneous posting to social media still has a place, but for the real meat and potatoes of your marketing strategy, a content calendar is very much advised.
Here's the social media editorial calendar that I have built for you in Microsoft Excel. Here's how I put the calendar to use:
- Open up the calendar and enter the year and week number.
- Add/Remove the social media channels you use.
- Fill in the planned social media content for each day, splitting the activity into morning/afternoon/evening posting times if required.
- Highlight all the cells of each day to mark them as the activity being completed.
- Duplicate the calendar into a new worksheet to plan out a new week.
Download the social media content calendar: click here.
Buy 500 Social Media Marketing Tips