There are a myriad of free tools on the web that can give a signicant boost to any would-be Pinterest expert, and on this page you'll find a comprehensive list of the very best of them. From image editors to browser extensions, analytics tools, and more, look no further!
Pinterest Image Creation / Editing / Sharing Tools
- http://url2pin.it/ - Share a screenshot of your website as a pin.
- http://pinstamatic.com/ - Lots of free Pinterest tools, including sticky notes for boards.
- Prettified Pinterest Creative Board - Create a pro-looking Pinterest board cover.
- http://quozio.com/ - Turn any quote into a pinnable image.
- http://www.pinwords.com/ - Easily add beautiful text to your images.
- http://www.picmonkey.com/ - Simple photo editing tool
- http://www.shareasimage.com/ - Highlight any web text and convert it into an image.
- http://www.picslice.com - Easy, free tool for slicing, cropping, and resizing pictures.
- http://www.pixlr.com - Simple but powerful online image editing tool.
- http://www.picmarkr.com - Add custom watermarks to images easily.
- http://www.posterpin.com - Create a simple poster with text for pinning.
- http://www.someecards.com - Add humorous captions to tons of images.
- http://www.quickmeme.com - Create memes easily and quickly.
- http://www.imgflipchart.com - Make funny pie charts in seconds.
Pinterest Browser Extensions ( Google Chrome)
- PinIt Bookmarklet Tool - Add a 'Pin It' button to your Bookmarks Bar.
- Pin It! - Pin images using a keyboard shortcut
- Quick Pinterest - Add 'Pin It' to right-click menu
- EasyPinner - Adds a 'Pin It' button to all pinnable images when you hover over them.
- Pinzy - Enlarge Pinterest images by hovering over them.
- Pinterest Image Expander - Zoom or expand images on Pinterest when hovering over them.
- Pin Search - Google Search without leaving Pinterest.
- Screen to Pin - Pin a screenshot of any page.
- Shareaholic for Pinterest - Pin directly from almost any website.
- Pinterest Pro - Comprehensive add-on inc. zooming images, pin from anywhere, etc.
- ShotPin - Take a screen shot of any website and share it to Pinterest.
- Smileys and Emoticons for Pinterest - Insert smileys, emoticons, or smart quotes in your pins or re-pins.
Pinterest Browser Extensions (Firefox)
- Pinterest Right-Click - Create and upload pins to Pinterest by right-clicking.
- Pinterest Pin Button - Pin it and send your pins to Pinterest quickly and easily.
- Thumbnail Zoom Plus - Shows full image when you hover over a Pinterest thumbnail.
- PinImage - Pin Image to Pinterest by right-clicking a image from a website.
Free Pinterest Analytics Tools
- http://www.pinreach.com - Tools to help you understand activity, measure impact, gauge success on Pinterest.
- http://www.reachli.com - Dubs itself the simplest way to market your visual content across the web.
- http://www.pinpuff.com - Calculate your pinfluence - the of your popularity on Pinterest and value of your each pin.
- http://www.pinalytics.co.uk - Uses Google Analytics from your site to provide you with stats on Pinterest activity.
Other Free Pinterest Tools / Tricks
- http://www.pinalerts.com - Get e-mail notifications when an image is pinned from your site.
- http://www.pin4ever.com - Backup and edit your Pinterest pins quickly and easily.
- http://www.repinly.com - Helps you find the most popular pins, boards, and pinners on Pinterest.
- Save Your Pinterest Board As A PDF
- http://pinterest.chimplets.com - Automatically create a campaign in MailChimp featuring your most recent Pinterest pins.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Andrew Macarthy is the author of the #1 Amazon Kindle Bestseller, 500 Social Media Marketing Tips.