Always typing out the same bunch of hashtags on Instagram? If you're like me, typing the same "base" group of hashtags out for every post (even with the pre-populated list that appears) can be a bit of a drag. Need a time-saver? Here's a way to add as many hashtags as you like to your caption in a second, using text shortcuts.
Note: This method works for iPhone, but I'd guess there is a similar function for Android too.
Text Shortcut Instructions
- Type your hashtags in Notes, then Select All and Copy.
- Go to Settings > General
- Scroll to Keyboard Shortcuts, select it, then choose Text Replacement.
- Tap the + symbol to create a new shortcut.
- Paste in your hashtags in the Phrase box, add the text shortcut you want to use for it to appear later on. Save.
- Use the text shortcut in Instagram, which will generate your long hashtag list automatically.
Let me know if you have found this helpful!
Andrew Macarthy is a social media consultant and the author of the #1 Amazon Web Marketing Bestseller, 500 Social Media Marketing Tips.